Using GHK-Cu as an injectable peptide therapy can be widely beneficial for the user, and may promote wound healing and tissue renewal, reduce inflammation, encourage nerve regeneration, and DNA repair activity in cells.
GHK-Cu is among one of the most studied peptides, and it has been confidently established that it has the ability to:
• Tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin
• Repair protective skin barrier proteins
• Improve skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity
• Reduce fine lines, depth of wrinkles, and improve structure of aged skin
• Smooth rough skin
• Reduce photodamage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots and lesions
• Improve overall skin appearance
• Stimulate wound healing
• Protect skin cells from UV radiation
• Reduce inflammation and free radical damage
• Increase hair growth and thickness, enlarge hair follicle size
While all of these possibilities are incredibly useful and present many positive health effects, let’s get into more detail with a few of them, and some of the new possibilities recent research has brought to light.
GHK-Cu dosage amounts: GHK-Cu works systemically, which means you can inject it anywhere in the body, either subcutaneously (under the skin) or intramuscularly (into the muscle) and it will have an effect throughout the body—not just where you inject it.
In the research, there are a number of doses that have been used.
- Some found that a daily dose of 1.1 milligrams (mg) / kg of body weight is effective for healing . That’s 77 mg for a 70kg person.
- Others have suggested that a daily dose of 100-200 mg would also produce healing effects, but you would probably see effects at a much lower dose, too .
- It’s not yet clear what an effective minimum dose is .
While GHK-Cu is generally recognized as safe , it can lower blood pressure . So you should be careful not to take too much. Researchers suggest that a lethal GHK-Cu dose is very, very high—about 23,000 mg for a 70kg person—so it’s unlikely that you’ll accidentally take a lethal dose .
Still, even though it’s likely safe at relatively high doses, we haven’t seen research suggesting doses larger than 200 mg . We consider that to be the highest safe dose unless further research provides more specific instructions.
GHK-Cu dosing cycle: Some fitness experts have suggested the following GHK-Cu cycle , and it’s the one we recommend as well.
- GHK-Cu dosing: 1.5 mg each day of the cycle, via subcutaneous or intramuscular injections.
- Frequency: 1 per day. Or, several injections a day with partial doses.
- Duration: 5-10 days.
- Cycle: repeat once a year.
You’ll notice that this recommendation is for a very low dosage of GHK-Cu—only 1.5 mg. Start low and increase or adjust based on your experience of how it affects your body.
As always, you should consult with a physician before taking any supplements or substances.